FACILITIES ELECTRICAL LEAD OVERVIEW:
- SpaceX is currently launching commercial satellites and is honored to be partnered with NASA, sending cargo to the International Space Station. SpaceX is striving to launch people to space and we are actively developing the technology to make this goal a reality. The Facilities Electrical Lead will help build and maintain the launch and landing pads and support buildings’ electrical infrastructure that support these incredible achievements.
- Lead and coordinate the team responsible for electrical infrastructure at the SpaceX Vandenberg Air Force Base Launch Facilities; dedicated to ensure zero unplanned interruption in services to the employees and customers. The Launch Facility consists of the Space Launch Complex 4 Falcon Launch Pad, Landing Pad, Integration Hangar, Payload Processing Facility, Engineering/Administrative Office Buildings, Launch Control Center and Data Centers.
- Develop project plans with budgets, schedules and resource allocations
- Develop cost improvement plans and energy reduction programs for overall site sustainability
- Support the SpaceX Launch Site Electrical Engineering team by providing design input, field revisions and developing as-built drawings
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on electrical equipment such as motor control centers, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning equipment, conduit systems and transmission equipment
- Support other facilities, security, and operation teams on special projects
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Supervise Electricians in day to day operations and provide input for employee evaluations
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician (California preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the electrical construction or maintenance industry
- Led 4+ member technical trades team for a minimum of 3 years
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to prioritize and schedule workloads under pressure
- Positive and motivated leadership and team-building skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- High level of self-motivation, with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Able to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Electrical and PLC controls
- Electrical power distribution systems
- Switchgear and motor control centers
- Exterior and interior lighting
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units
- Standby and emergency generators
- Automatic transfer switches
- Power monitoring hardware and software
- Data/phone distribution and wiring
- Building and site grounding systems
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning equipment and controls
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) and Industrial Pumps
- Control panel design and production
- AutoCAD for electrical design
- Working knowledge of power coordination and Arc Flash
- Technical writer of electrical maintenance procedures and weekly reports
- Enterprise Resource Planning software skills
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting 50 lbs., and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.