Displays and Graphics Technology is searching for an Undergraduate Student Intern to provide software development support for many Advanced Technology projects, develop prototype Displays/Graphics Software, support and test model based development environment, and maintain/upgrade TRACS, a PC-based aircraft simulation/prototyping environment. The successful candidate will work closely with engineers from our Human Factors and Flight Test organizations towards development and validation of advanced cockpit technologies targeted at improving overall operational efficiency, situational awareness, and flight safety.
Key success factors for this role include:
· Ability to bring originality and creative ideas to software development
· Ability to work quickly and independently.
· Ability to work effectively in a teaming environment (local and virtual)
· Ability to apply aesthetics to software interface designs
· Ability to self-manage changing task priorities
** This position is based in Phoenix, AZ. No Housing or Travel Assistance will be provided.**
· Must be attending an accredited college pursuing a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
· Must be graduating between December 2016 and May 2018
· Due to ITAR restrictions, must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
· Must be able to participate, in an internship, prior to completing degree program
· C/C++ Programming experience a plus
· Windows-based applications development experience
· OpenGL and networking experience a plus
· Experience with game programming a plus
· Experience with iOS and Android operating systems a plus
· Interest/experience in Aviation a plus
· Pursuing Master’s degree would be considered
· Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.