– Assists with development, maintenance and modification, and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
– Assists with tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
– Assists with management of supplier development, test and production activities to optimize the design and achieve program goals.
– Supports the development, structural analysis, structural design, aeronautical design and/or documentation of mechanical and fluid system and thermal environment.
– Performs limited detail design development and modification of system installations.
– Supports team in performing spatial integration at system or component level and modification of mechanisms/landing gear/ordinance systems.
– Assists in preparing technical documents for mechanical components and systems.
– Assists in supporting proposal preparation and new business development efforts.
– Works under close supervision.
Typical Education / Experience:
Level 1 – Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Level 2 – Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor’s and 2 or more years’ experience or a Master’s degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Other Related Skills / Attributes:
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
Must be willing to meet work assignment/travel requirements.