The Manufacturing Engineer creates and administers the overall planning for the facility activities from components receiving to the delivery of finished aircraft including productive activities and its support processes.
- Prepare and manage short, medium and long term production planning
- Ensure effective measurements and visibilities of inputs and outputs for the relevant processes to assure goals are achieved and cost objectives are met.
- Perform continuous evaluation of critical resources to avoid bottlenecks.
- Compile reports on the progress of work and on production problems.
- Control work load and work capacity.
- Plan and coordinate actions to implement product changes.
- Coordinate actions for earlier deviations recovery and prevent impacts on company targets and obligations.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Essential: BS in Industrial, Process or Aeronautical Engineering.
- Desired: Degree in management or business administration.
APICS (Advancing Productivity, Innovation and Competitive Success) certificate
- Generally 5-7 years experience in similar activities ( planning or production planning)
- Prior aircraft Manufacturing/ maintenance and repair experience.
- Comprehension, understanding and execution of broad practices associated within the field assigned and related fields.
- Applies these understandings in the completion of complex work assignments.
- Aircraft production environment
- Project Management
- Risk analysis
- Proficiency with planning practices and tools
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Utilization of Lean Production concepts
- Systemic vision
- Data analysis and consolidation
- Cope with dead lines and other pressured situations.
- Interact with senior management, and staff
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations