Responsible flight test lead with leadership capability to coordinate test aircraft hangar activities which include; configuration changes/tracking, maintenance requirements, modifications and instrumentation systems.
Development/oversight of test planning which includes test briefing packages, flight test cards, WT/BAL worksheet/detail, Instrumentation and Post Flight De-Briefings.
Conduct/oversight of Pre and Post Flight briefings with appropriate engineering, NAVAIR, and manufacturing personnel to ensure safe test execution and capture of test expectations and NAVAIR/BHTI process compliance.
Able to fly/participate as a non-pilot crew member during test missions when required.Conduct data reviews and coordinate with appropriate Bell-Boeing/NAVAIR technical groups and personnel to ensure understanding and agreement on test results.
Conduct data reviews and coordinate with appropriate Bell-Boeing/NAVAIR technical groups and personnel to ensure understanding and agreement on test results.Lead/participate in test risk assessments and risk mitigation planning.
Lead/participate in test risk assessments and risk mitigation planning.
Conduct flight tests as a Test Director within a telemetry room environment with oversight of a team of flight controllers. Familiar and comfortable with radio communications with test aircraft, tower, chase or ground flight test teams.Drafting of formal and informal flight test plans and reports.
Drafting of formal and informal flight test plans and reports.
– BS degree in Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering. BSAE or BSME preferred
– Minimum 5 years of flight test experience.
– Be able to obtain a SECRET clearance.
– Proven and verifiable ability to be a lead member of a flight test team for experimental rotorcraft which includes a focus on teamwork and collaborative problem solving in a multi-team environment. Requires ability to interface effectively with a government military customer.
– Capable of performing GW/CG calculations, use of aeronautical charts, flight manuals, maintenance manuals, and interpretation of performance charts and other rotary-wing testing related computations.
– Must be physically capable of attaining a Class III FAA Flight Physical and possibly passing other Military mandated flight/egress training.
– Willing/able to travel from home for up to 10% of the time in support of flight test programs at an offsite location(s).
– Must be fluent in English
– Demonstrate ability to mentor others in technical discipline and initiative in developing leaderships skills needed to lead multiple projects and furthering career advancement.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.