Electronic Systems is L-3’s largest and broadest segment, providing defense, commercial and international customers with innovative and diverse technologies and solutions. On land, at sea and in the air, our market leadership extends across our scope of expertise in EO/IR products and sensors, precision engagement solutions and night vision products. At airports worldwide, L-3’s groundbreaking and safe millimeter wave screening technology protects airports and passengers, while our advanced avionics and display technologies are used aboard aircraft to increase safety in flight. Our expansion into commercial and civil aircraft simulation and training strengthens our world-class military capabilities, while our marine and power systems businesses tailor fully integrated solutions for a variety of high-priority DoD programs, including the U.S. Navy’s Virginia-class submarine.
We offer a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, L-3 ES is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people’s lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Intermediate Financial Analyst
As a top tier US Defense Contractor, sound financial governance is critical to our continued success and survival. In the Intermediate Financial Analyst role, you will be supporting the Electronic Systems (ES) Segment of L-3, approximately 40 divisions or almost one half of the entire global organization, to ensure accurate and consistent reporting of financial results.
Reporting to the Director of FP&A for the ES Segment, this high profile, high impact role will interact with CFOs and their teams from divisions throughout North America and around the globe. Your work will be presented to the very top levels of leadership within our organization.
Do you have a strong technical aptitude combined with a good financial foundation? Perhaps you have developed analysis skills in a public accounting audit role or a similar industry role. If so, this position could be a great opportunity to master your technical skills while making a big impact on this global company.
Tasks to be Accomplished
- Create and distribute monthly Sector timeliness report card
- Provide ongoing support to Sector CFOs, including but not limited to creation of HFM SmartView reports as required
- Monthly balance sheet / net funds analysis
- Assist with quarterly Group business reviews, including PowerPoint presentation, other supporting analyses, and CFO support
- Assist with quarterly Corporate business reviews, including PowerPoint presentation, other supporting analyses, and CFO support
- Assist with annual Group plan review, including PowerPoint presentation, other supporting analyses, and President/CFO support
- Assist with annual Corporate plan review, including PowerPoint presentation, other supporting analyses, and President/CFO support
- Coordinate and consolidate downstream ad hoc requests
- Coordinate and consolidate Group President’s meetings reporting packages
- Support or co-lead major process improvement projects
- Other ad hoc analysis
- Microsoft Excel Super User
- Able to create and maintain spreadsheets and financial models with complex formulas with data manipulation
- Able to create complex charts and graphs
- Able to consolidate high amounts of data
- Able to program Visual Basic for template maintenance and automation of other activities
- Highly proficient in HFM and SmartView report writing an asset
- Proficient in general database design
- Excellent financial analysis skills
- Highly organized and able to self-prioritize with multiple conflicting deadlines
- Has a continuous improvement mindset and leads continuous improvement activities
- Excellent verbal and written communicator, able to interface with senior managers and Corporate head office
- Excellent coordination skills
- A creative problem-solver
- Team player attitude
Experience & Education Requirements
- Minimum 1 year experience
- College diploma / undergraduate degree