Are you a high-energy and self-motivated person with leadership abilities who is seeking to be a part of a dynamic and collaborative engineering team? If your answer is yes, read on to find out more about our Sr. Software Engineer I career opportunity located in Anaheim, the heart of Orange County, Southern California.
L-3 Power Paragon is a worldwide leader in the engineering, development, manufacture and integration of power conversion and distribution systems for defense, governmental and advanced industrial applications. Our company’s power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world, including surface ships, planes, tanks, submarines, helicopters and Internet-related or corporate high-volume data processing centers. Many of our military forces depend on the quality and reliability of our power systems to defend and protect our country.
As a Sr. Software Engineer I you will perform professional level software/systems design engineering assignments of wide complexity in the design and development of embedded computer systems hardware and software. You will be at the center of Power Paragon’s engineering process, building software that empowers engineering teams to rapidly develop and deliver high quality products. We are focused on solving the hardest and most interesting challenges, developing mission critical, real-time software without sacrificing stability, quality and performance.
We ensure Power Paragon’s success by partnering with other companies and engineering teams across the nation. Expect to learn best practices for code development, testability and maintainability – critical skills for software engineers at any level.
At Power Paragon, our Anaheim Campus supports the full product lifecycle from cradle to grave. We support conceptual development, product development, integration and test, manufacturing and production support, field service and warranty and upgrade support. The cross functional nature of our products provides a unique and ample opportunity for accelerated career growth. We typically work in small, cross functional teams that collaborate on common problems across products and focus areas. As a result, the exposure to this broad set of problems provides diverse technical challenges and the development of the skills to meet these challenges.
As a Sr. Software Engineer I, your mission is to build the software that is at the heart of the products we develop. You will play a crucial part in Power Paragon’s success by ensuring that our code is developed and tested to the highest standards. In doing so, you will help us secure our business future as well as the safety and well-being of all those who use our products.
Your day to day activities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Design, modify, develop and implement embedded real-time software applications (the embedded applications may or may not require use of an OS). This includes but is not limited to: real-time embedded software design, controls algorithm software implementation and embedded user-interface design, development, testing and certification.
• As a leader, the Sr. Software Engineer I may plan and coordinate work teams. Provides technical support and guidance to project team members
• Performs analysis and investigation of major real-time embedded software engineering project tasks.
• Performs analysis of system architecture requirements and development of software requirements. Development of design specifications, software performance parameters and software CDRL deliverable documentation.
• Collaborate with other engineering functions throughout the software development lifecycle to solve complex engineering problems
• Resolves difficult hardware/software compatibility and interface design issues
• Integration of software components into software/hardware systems or subsystems
• Conduct research on emerging technologies.
• Provide maintenance and support of delivered software applications (including porting to new or updated hardware platforms).
Your education/experience includes:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent discipline
• Six or more years applicable software/systems design engineering experience or a minimum of three years of applicable experience with a Master’s Degree in a related field
• Five or more years applicable programming experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C++
• Five or more years of relevant work experience, including experience in real-time embedded software development
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience/familiarity with power systems domain and/or control systems
• Experience/familiarity developing products for Military/Aerospace applications
• Experience in leading technical teams
• Experience in using Matlab and Simulink for software verification
• Experience in troubleshooting software issues using test tools (Oscilloscopes, Bus Analyzers, Logic Analyzers, etc.)
• Experience in using real-time profiling tools to aid in code optimization
• Additional programming experience in one or more of the following: C#, Java, Python or Perl
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.