Masten Space Systems is a Mojave, California based rocket company that builds reliable and reusable rocket powered vehicles.
We are seeking an experienced Avionics Software Design Engineer to create real-time embedded software to support control and diagnostics for our launch vehicles and lunar landers. You will also help push the development and execution of component-level GN&C test programs, including integrated on-vehicle testing.
As a member of the Masten Team, you will collaborate with small teams of technicians, engineers, designers and managers on our XS-1 launch demonstrator, our terrestrial EDL test beds and our XL-1 lunar lander.
- Only minimum travel is required
- Work in an integrated collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment
- Take responsibility for your work. Design, build and test.
- Low-level software requirements definition, development, and debugging including device drivers, memory management, kernel and user mode modules, interrupt handlers, IPC facilities, and network stack
- Operating System and hardware bring-up, commissioning, and performance evaluation
- Integration, test, and evaluation of embedded systems
- Collaboration with hardware engineers on embedded systems design
- Experience developing and testing real-time embedded systems, gaming systems, control systems, device drivers, or mobile devices
- Experience with real-time and/or safety-critical software development
- Familiarity with sensors and actuators, including GPS, accelerometers, rate gyros, pressure or temperature sensors, solenoids, servos
- Experience with Linux, GNU toolchain, Python, MATLAB/Simulink code generation, real time operating systems, serial communications, IP networking
- Experience with digital communication protocols and networks (RS-232/423/422/485, Ethernet [TCP/IP, UDP unicast, IP multicast], CANbus)
- B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Strong software development skills, particularly in C/C++
- Innovative problem solver with an interest in spacecraft avionics systems development
- Experience with both autonomous and human-rated software systems