Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies – built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology – conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) is a core function of one BT. CTO will develop and leverage innovations, platforms, best practices and skilled engineers so that projects can perform. We are looking for highly skilled and experienced people to build the technology platform for BT’s future.
For our site in Västerås, we are currently looking to recruit a TCMS SENIOR SOFTWARE TESTER
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The main objective of the role is to develop test cases and perform tests on in-house developed software. The role will also contribute to increase the efficiency of our testing processes and procedures. This includes taking initiatives to improve the software testing environment, as well as improving the test processes and procedures. The test system contains a generic test platform software, as well as an order specific system simulation software, which needs to be developed and maintained.
The role aims to, and will also enable us to increase our capabilities to play a more active role in the Bombardier global initiatives to increase the standardization and reuse of tests developed by Bombardier.
The Senior Software Tester will work as an important interface between the order projects software testing needs and the Bombardier software testing development and delivery plans.
• Realization of software test work for the generic platform as well as order specific software for system simulation.
• Develop software module test specifications and software requirements specifications, etc.
• Review software testing initiatives and provide guidance.
• Develop and maintain test equipment, both hardware and software.
• Leading workshops and training sessions for junior software testers and others.
• Academic background in Computer Science / Software engineering or other relevant background.
• At least 6 years of experience in software engineering and testing area.
• Extensive experience from software configuration and change management work in large projects (more than 8 Software Engineers).
• Extensive experience of software test and documentation.
• Extensive experience from international software testing in projects.
• Great verification and validation process knowledge.
• Great knowledge of requirement management and concept design.
• Strong accountability and high drive for results.
• Great planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent English language skills are required; Swedish fluency is an asset.