Supply Chain is vital to the build of SpaceX’s Falcon9 Rockets and Dragon Spacecrafts. This role will involve supervision of 30 employees in a 140,000 square foot warehouse. Our goal is to become a leader in Materials Management performance with high inventory efficiency and accuracy, a productive receiving inspection process and a lean dock to stock cycle time. The Supervisor will be responsible for leading continuous improvement to improve all aspects of warehouse management.
- Supervisory – Responsible for 1st shift operations and team management.
- Receiving Inspection – The inspection for conformity by verifying accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers, quantities and revisions.
- Dock to Stock – The entire process from receipt of material to storage in inventory.
- Inventory Management – The storing and issuing of a wide variety of parts, details and hardware into and out of inventory.
- Kitting – The collection, packaging, and preparation of hardware for use in other departments of SpaceX or SpaceX suppliers.
- Raw Material – The receipt and storage of raw material. This also includes the “cutting to size” of this material as needed by internal customers.
- Cycle Counting – Maintaining regular inventory checks to ensure errors are minimized and appropriate root causes are put into place.
- Material Handling – Internal transportation within the warehouse and building to building across the campus.
- 5S – Ensuring a clean and organized work area is maintained including improvements to workspace design.
- Continuous Improvement – Fostering an environment where change is embraced and ideas are respected, supported, vetted and ultimately implemented (if deemed appropriate).
- Monitor Shelf life – Storing and maintaining proper rotation of stock (first-in, first-out, etc).
- Completed bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year university and 2 years minimum experience in a materials/supply chain position; or 4 years minimum experience in a materials/supply chain position.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- APICS certification – CPIM or CSCP desired.
- Lean/6-Sigma experience (Green/Black Belt certifications would be a plus).
- Excellent communication and team-building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced /cross-functional environment.
- Experience within an aerospace, aviation, automotive manufacturing environment.
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office applications
- Lifting up to 30lbs., standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing stooping, stretching and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Position requires long hours and some nights and weekends.
- Must be able to operate forklift equipment.
- Must be able to work in areas that require using a ladder (20 feet).