In order to develop and expand the capabilities of Safran Engineering Services in the UK we are looking for engineers to develop the mechanical activities.
You will be performing stress activities, in order to determine the acceptability of a Mechanical component/assembly in the fields of Aerospace.
The role will be key to successfully manage the work packages of our customers.
• Ability to perform calculations related with Linear/Non-Linear, Static (hand calculations) / Dynamic studies, Harshness and Fatigue (F&DT) studies.
• Significant working experience with the following softwares: CATIA V5 / Mathcad / CAE ABAQUS (PRE/POST)
• Capability to perform analysis Nastran/Patran would be also an asset
• Capability to perform fatigue analysis with Ncode/design Life
• Ability to liaise and work effectively with other projects / engineering disciplines such as Design, Performance, Manufacturing.
• Capability to understand and assimilate formal product requirements into engineering boundary/loading variables.
• Capability to produce clear and concise documentation including technical reports and support the knowledge management.
• Ability to check reports from suppliers.
• Good knowledge of Manufacturing processes (machining, forging,..) materials and related thermal treatments, material protections and coatings.
• Must be capable of working in accordance with customer specific gateway reviews.
• Respond to Production Non-conformance Repairs/In Service Repair concessions
Candidate skills & requirements
Degree level, MEng preferred in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience/combined education. 3 years of experience in the skills mentioned above.
Ability to work in EU Military projects.
• Experience with Landing Gears would be an asset.
• Ability to undertake problem solving analysis and work proactively to propose technical solutions using ingenuity and creativity.
• Strong sense of ownership
• Must demonstrate good time management with ability to prioritise and multitask on several work packages concurrently on tight timescales.
• Ability to define technical tasks needed for the FE assessment and planning of the activities
• Ability to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands
• Team spirit/Ability to work effectively within an integrated project team
• Customer focused/Ability to establish credibility with internal and external customers
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with international teams.
• Coordination and leadership skills
• Looking for technical leader or coordination position as career plan
Desirable technical skills:
• Aircraft or Ground Transportation experience