To complete the assigned engineering tasks on new rotating electrical equipment projects from concept through to prototype manufacture.
The production of Design Schemes, including CAD models assemblies and 2D drawings for concept and detail designs of electrical machines.
• To carry out design calculations such as interference fits, thermal growths, hoop and tensile stresses, thread loadings and tolerance analysis to support concept and detail designs.
• To liaise closely with other project team members such as stress, manufacturing, sourcing and configuration with respect to new designs or design changes.
• The production of design assurance documentation including ERN’s and Design Reports.
• The production and maintenance of design monitors spreadsheets such as performance, cost and weight.
• The production and maintenance of parts lists as defined by latest CAD assemblies.
• To agree monthly milestone targets to support project needs and timescales. Monitor progress and ensure satisfactory milestone compliance.
• To arrange and run design reviews in accordance with Safran design procedure.
• To support the Lead Engineer to ensure the technical integrity of the product and that it meets all performance, reliability, cost and safety requirements.
• Provide support to other team members in completion of their activities.
Candidate skills & requirements
Degree level or equivalent, MSc preferred, with a minimum of 3 years experience in Mechanical systems environment. Previous exposure to team management, project management and leadership.
• Should be educated to Degree or equivalent level in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
• Should be a fully competent CAD user with proven experience of CAD design
• Must be able to effectively communicate, formally and informally with peer group, other team members, suppliers and customers.
• Must have an understanding of engineering materials and production methods relevant to them.
• Must be able to produce designs with consideration of design to cost, and ease of manufacture and assembly.
• Competent in using Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Good time management, proactive with an ability to prioritise.
• Must have the ability to plan work efficiently to meet agreed monthly milestone tasks.
• Must be able to produce and deliver technical presentations to employees and customers at any level.