Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
The Independent Readiness Review Team provides independent assessments of program risks and risk mitigation options to the The Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) leadership for designated SMC launch vehicles, space vehicles, and ground control systems. The IRRT assesses technical risk and after Flight Readiness Review (FRR), the IRRT will provide the same mission success risk assessments to the Mission Director until one day prior to launch and provides input to space vehicle ship decisions and consent to fuel. Vencore has a requirement for an Avionics Panel Senior Systems Engineer that provides technical assistance in the area of launch vehicle avionics hardware systems. This includes technical evaluation and risk assessments of guidance and navigation hardware, thrust vector control, attitude control, electrical power, electrical distribution, electrical interfaces, telemetry, tracking, command, communications, and sensors. This includes evaluation of the design, development, analysis and testing of radio frequency and digital and analog electronic circuits, units and systems, and aspects of hardware in other technical areas (Parts, Materials and Processes).
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Master’s Degree is required in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Physical Science.
- 15+ years of strong demonstrated Space Vehicle life-cycle development to include design, build, test, integration, and turn-over to operations.
- Strong, proactive leader who has demonstrated experience leading a small team of people
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- Significant experience in performing risk analysis and mitigation on Space Vehicles and its subsystem components using DoD approved risk analysis process.
- Demonstrated experience in executing tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience with team leadership, and program/project management.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force and DoD contractors in a development environment
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams
- Prior Air Force SMC program experience
- Small satellite and/or cubesat experience
- Booster or Satellite Li-ion Batteries
- Current Secret clearance required