A Project Manager is required for a full time position to work for one of the UK’s most innovative young companies, also a World leader in electronic systems for small satellites and CubeSats. Principle responsibilities will include; customer liaison, planning projects, identification of critical path activities, management of projects and suppliers, and contribution to the company continuous improvement plan. The objective of the project manager is to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget and to the customer’s complete satisfaction. A space or aerospace engineering background is desirable.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver the company’s key projects to budget, schedule and quality constraints.
- Management of multiple development projects; planning, identifying and progressing critical paths.
- Deliver project cash and profit expectations.
- Negotiate specific project requirements with customers and manage the recovery of variations.
- Maintain risk, issue, and action registers, and project history logs.
- Monitor and report progress of projects to senior management.
- Manage the information flow to our project teams, partners, subcontractors and other stakeholders.
- Chair project milestone reviews with customers (e.g. Critical Design Review) and ensure milestone payment schedules are met.
- Actively participate as part of the company management team in a manner fitting the position.
- Manage key stakeholders to ensure their continued support.
- Motivate and lead the Project teams to ensure a high level of performance.
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors, partners and suppliers.
- Ensure continued resource availability to deliver the project plan.
- Manage customer expectations and maintain good working relationships.
- Ensure delivered products are compliant with the agreed Scope of Work.
- Ensure quality and delivery gives rise to repeat business.
The candidate must demonstrate:
- Experience of managing and delivering complex engineering development projects.
- Clear and disciplined project management methodology and experience; with professional certification highly desirable.
- Use of tools such as Microsoft Project to schedule, track, and measure project status and performance.
- Definition, allocation, communication, and prioritisation of tasks and priorities, within a multi-disciplined engineering and manufacturing team.
- Ability to work well in an engineering development team and support junior team members.
- Ability to work independently and make decisive decisions.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers to elicit requirements and manage expectations.
- Strong supplier/subcontractor management expertise.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, Word & Powerpoint and other relevant IT skills.