Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The JPSS Ground System supports several Earth sciences missions, and uses 4 separate ground stations in addition to TDRS. The primary missions are S-NPP and JPSS-1. The ground system receives science data from 5 sensors on each of these satellites and produces approximately 8 to 10 Tera-bytes of science products each day. The challenges of this ground system include supporting scheduling and data delivery for multiple missions, using extensive redundancy to provide high ground system availability, supporting JPSS-1 launch and activation concurrently with S-NPP operations, and meeting NIST security requirements.
This is a senior ground system engineering position with an emphasis on testing of large NASA ground system. Specific responsibilities are provided below.
Provide leadership for JPSS Ground System testing. This includes leadership in preparing to execute the JPSS Ground System level testing. This includes the following:
- Development of test plans,
- Test procedures,
- Management of test configurations,
- Acquisition of resources necessary to perform testing, and
- Development of approaches and processes for test execution.Perform as a test director that coordinates execution of individual tests at multiple locations.
- Provide leadership during test execution including the following:
- Lead problem resolution boards and capture actions and decisions made during these boards.
- Lead start of day and end of day meetings including review of test execution and problem identification metrics.
Provide end of day, quick look, and final test reports.
Applicants should have at least 25 years of work experience and 10 years of experience in each of the following areas:
* Experience with Earth science ground systems and satellites
* Large systems test experience with extensive use of networking, virtual machines, and NIST compliant security systems. * Experience with worldwide WANs and data throughput over secure networks
* Experience with multi-mission ground stations and RF interferance from multiple satellites
* Experience with Earth science data processing and data distribution including quality assessment of Earth Science Products.