Marketing Communications Director
We are currently searching for a dynamic, strategic Marketing Director who is looking for a fantastic opportunity to join a innovative and fast growing organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Aerospace, Luxury Hospitality or Technology. You must be highly experienced in strategizing and executing marketing plans.
Job Description / Requirements:
– Develop a deep understanding of strategic goals and build communications priorities and objectives that align with the overall goals of the business.
– Develop, execute, and manage an integrated communications strategy for businesses across various marketing functions, including but not limited to:
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
- Public Relations
- Digital Marketing (video content, web development, etc.)
- Event Marketing
– Define your own objectives and priorities, develop key performance indicators (KPIs) relevant to your function, and communicate those details and the progress tracked against your objectives to senior leadership.
– Establish a scalable and disciplined marketing department through the implementation of standardized processes, reporting, and digital tools.
– Manage the execution of all marketing communication channels (i.e. early on you will do the dirty work of copy writing for all marketing collateral – across print and digital – and communicating through channels until the department scales up under your leadership.)
– Develop, manage, and accurately record a budget for all marketing, PR, and communications related activities.
– Audit and ensure consistency of messaging across all communication channels and properties.
– Manage relationship with its public relations agency and ensure timely delivery of all activities.
– Work across all functions (engineering, business development, sales, etc.) to develop, execute, and manage strategic marketing and press campaigns with appropriately aligned messaging for specific special events, projects, and announcements.
– Strategically and creatively support the business development and sales team in the development of collateral for potential partners and clients.
– When appropriate, manage creative agency relationships and oversee the development of all digital and print collateral and assets.
– Develop and maintain insightful, robust customer segmentation profiles.
– Assist in the development of a communications/CRM program for current and future spaceflight reservation holders.
– Identify the brand ‘voice,’ and ensure visual, spoken, and written brand consistency across all channels.
– Build a strategic plan for the growth of the marketing department after a thorough evaluation of the needs of the business and available resources.
– 8 – 12 years experience in a related marketing communications role with strategic oversight and budget responsibility.
– Familiarity with various digital marketing and creative tools, including email marketing (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.), the Adobe Creative Suite, CRMs (Salesforce, Pipedrive, etc.), video hosting services (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.), social media marketing (Hootsuite, etc.,) digital PR tools (Marketwire, PRNewswire, etc.), analytics platforms (Google Analytics, etc.), social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.), and ideally marketing automation tools (Marketo, etc.).
– Organized and disciplined yet nimble and adaptive to change.
– Strong project management skills.
– An ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliverables at once.
– A strategic thinker with meticulous execution.
– Either previous start-up experience or the ability to work in a fast paced environment around strong personalities.
– Technical writing experience or the ability to easily digest, summarize, and communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
– A childhood passion for science, aerospace, technology.
– Interested in leaving a legacy by being part of something historic.
– Welcomes responsibility, autonomy, and the prospect of personal and professional growth.
– Knows enough about web development to be dangerous and speak the language with developers.