The Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group (SRG) of Leidos has a career opportunity for an Engineer to create, modify and implement 6DOF Simulations.
Engineer will be responsible for creation, modification, and/or implementation of six Degree Of Freedom (6DOF) simulations used to analyze beyond-Earth-orbit satellite missions. Engineer will work with a team to develop the Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) algorithms needed for rendezvous with a near Earth asteroid. The task(s) may involve creating, modifying, and/or implementing physics-based models necessary for the analysis of such missions. This includes plant/environment models (such as high fidelity gravity, solar pressure, etc.), sensor models, actuator models, and flex-body dynamics. Engineer will present results from analyses to a larger group as required. Engineer will be working as a key member of a small team challenged with an aggressive development schedule.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or equivalent discipline and 6 – 10 years of related experience. Position also requires:
– Experience with satellite guidance, navigation, and control systems is desired
– Proficiency with developing source code in C/C++.
– Proficiency with analysis and presentation (including visualization) of simulation results.
– Experienced in the creation and use of 3DOF and 6DOF simulations to improve vehicle performance.
– Must have the ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance (US Citizenship required).