We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
We’re looking for outstanding Engineers who combine superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with our research teams. We’re looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems! You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing entire vehicle structure, as well as detail parts and mechanical systems. They must enjoy problem solving and possess practical knowledge of prototype design as well as production run manufacturing methods as it pertains to stress analysis and design trade offs.
The Mechanical and/or Aerospace Stress Analyst will be responsible for:
· Modeling and stress analysis of vehicle structures, and mechanical systems
· Modeling and measuring airframe vibration in both development platforms and deployed platforms
· Assist in designing static and dynamic tests for structure and mechanical subsystems to meet industry standards for strength and lifecycle requirements
· Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production, including design, prototyping, validation, testing and certification.
· Working with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and outside vendors to ensure a smooth transition to production.
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· BS or MS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Engineering or Material Sciences.
· 7+ years of experience in the analysis of complex structural aerospace designs and testing
· Expert with Finite Element Analysis and Composite structures a must. Should be comfortable doing traditional hand calculations as well.
· Thorough understanding and use of principals, theories and concepts in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Robotics engineering and design.
· Experience with Thermal Analysis and modeling a plus.
· Familiar with MRB (Material Review Board) practices as it pertains to aerospace manufacturing
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with teams
· Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment
· A “Maker” mentality
· Able to work independently
· Experience as a Pilot and R/C modeler is helpful