Omitron is an Aerospace Engineering and Information Technology small business firm headquartered in Beltsville, Maryland with a field office located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Since 1984 Omitron has provided excellence in engineering services and product development to government and industry customers for both civilian and military aerospace programs.
Omitron recognizes that outstanding people are the key to our success. Our goal is to select highly qualified and motivated individuals and provide them an environment necessary to stimulate and nurture engineering and business objectives. Omitron offers its employees competitive salaries, a full benefits package, and excellent career growth opportunities. We welcome talented professionals who wish to take advantage of the opportunities we offer.
Seeking highly motivated Mission Operations Engineer with experience in satellite mission operations for support of ground and mission readiness and operations activities of a joint NASA-NOAA satellite mission. Several positions available with tasking dependent upon applicant skill sets. Responsibilities include:
- Mission rehearsal and ground readiness event support
- Mission Management Operations Concepts refinement and process implementation
- Ground system Configuration Management process assessment and implementation
- Operations product and process generation and assessment
- Identification and tracking of product and process issues
- Scripting to streamline current system processes and product generation
- Coordination with NASA/NOAA customers and interfacing organizations, status reporting
- Extended or off hour shift support may be required for test and launch support
US citizenship required / EEO/AA / E-Verify Participation
Candidates must have at least 3-5 years of experience with satellite mission operations and be familiar with ground systems, spacecraft systems, mission control center interfaces, and ground and mission operations processes and planning for NASA or NOAA missions. Knowledge of space to ground communications, mission planning, satellite operations, mission data management and storage, software maintenance, ops product generation, trending and analysis, and mission monitoring is preferred.
All candidates must possess excellent communications skills and ability to work in a team environment as well as independently. Candidates must have proven initiative and self-starting skills.
Prior flight operations and/or test experience on a NASA or NOAA mission is preferred. Knowledge of LINUX, bash, shell and perl scripting a plus.
BS degree in relevant field (Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Engineering)