Omitron is an Aerospace Engineering and Information Technology small business firm headquartered in Beltsville, Maryland with a field office located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Since 1984 Omitron has provided excellence in engineering services and product development to government and industry customers for both civilian and military aerospace programs.
Omitron recognizes that outstanding people are the key to our success. Our goal is to select highly qualified and motivated individuals and provide them an environment necessary to stimulate and nurture engineering and business objectives. Omitron offers its employees competitive salaries, a full benefits package, and excellent career growth opportunities. We welcome talented professionals who wish to take advantage of the opportunities we offer.
Omitron is seeking a candidate to fulfill the role of Satellite Maneuver Analyst. Responsibilities include:
- Maneuver planning, calibration, and reconstruction for three operational Libration Point spacecraft
- Risk Mitigation Maneuver (RMM) Planning for one mission in low Earth orbit
- Support the software development lifecycle, including requirements definition, acceptance testing, and deployment.
- Perform flight dynamics analyses to determine appropriate decommissioning plans and extend mission by maximizing maneuver efficiency among others.
- Write and present technical paper(s) at aerospace conferences as required
This position will be supporting NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in the Flight Dynamics Facility (FDF) under the Flight Dynamics Support Services II (FDSS-II) contract.
US citizenship required / EEO/AA / E-Verify Participation
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Ability and willingness to multi-task, and be capable of applying innovative analysis to solve client problems
- Ability to prepare and present complex ideas in a clear and coherent form before an audience is required
- Experience in spacecraft maneuver planning
- Experience in low Earth orbit determination
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Unix environments
- Experience with flight dynamics tools such as FreeFlyer STK
BS + 4 Years or MS + 2 Years
Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics. Master’s degree is highly desired.