Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Power and Gas Division is the trusted partner for world class products and solutions for the oil and gas, power and industrial markets. The Division is dedicated to deliver its customers reliable, efficient, clean and safe products and solutions.
The Turbine Design department is seeking an experienced Aerodynamic design engineer. Your education, type and years of experience will be considered for position level and salary.
Tasks / Responsibilities
• Aerodynamic design of hot gas path blades, vanes and flow path components
• Development and implementation of Gas Turbine hot-gas path design tools and methods
• Ability to succeed in an Integrated Project Team (IPT) environment
• Support of manufacturing and component development
• Assessment and evaluation of field measurements
Knowledge / Capabilities:
• University degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or similar
• 1+ years turbine aerodynamic design experience,
• Strong background in thermodynamics or fluid mechanics
• Advanced knowledge of computational methods, i.e. numerical methods with proven expertise in aerodynamic methods and tools
• Knowledge of axial flow turbo-machinery
• Business fluent in English
• Working experience required
• Project Management as well as intercultural experience preferred
• Team building and communication skills