A vacancy for an experienced Software Engineer with excellent technical skills in C++ & Java has arisen with Airbus Defence & Space in Stevenage.
This is a great opportunity to work on some of the most innovative projects in the Space Industry such as the Exomars Rover.
The successful applicant will join our project team as a key technical member in the development of satellite simulators and hardware in the loop test benches.
You will join the group that is responsible for the development of satellite simulators and hardware-in the-loop test benches that are used in the:
- Development and validation of the satellite flight software
- Validation of the functional chains and HW/SW interfaces of satellite equipments and the satellite itself.
You will be technically responsible for the design and the development and integration of specific parts of the simulator as well as for the technical follow of the external suppliers involved in the development of some of the models.
You will interface closely with other engineering teams during the lifecycle of the project and work closely, at technical level, with the external suppliers to ensure the successful development of the benches.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Modelling/Software requirements engineering.
- Software design and architecture.
- Technical follow-up and responsibility of the models developed by the external subcontractor.
- System integration and verification.
- System delivery and acceptance.
- Work as a technical expert in specific areas of the simulator.
- Conduct code reviews and inspections.
The main technical activities include: requirements analysis, software design / implementation, technical follow up of external suppliers, system integration, testing and delivery of the benches. The software will be coded in C/C++, with Java as the test language, running on Linux OS.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or other related technical discipline.
- Experience of Software Design and Development in C/C++, Java.
- Previous experience in Development and Testing of Software Simulators or Hardware-In-the Loop test rigs would be beneficial.
- Experience of Real Time Software and the complete Software Lifecycle.
- Knowledge of either of the following data buses: SpaceWire or MilSTD 1553 (or similar).
- Working knowledge of Linux OS and ideally of the Eclipse SDE.
- Experience in the development of Functional models.
- Knowledge of the ECSS software standards is desirable.
- Experience in technical follow up/interfacing to external subcontractors is highly desirable.