Emergent Space Technologies is a rapidly growing company that provides cutting-edge technology expertise to the aerospace industry. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team working on ground system operations software for space missions in Greenbelt, MD in support of an IDIQ contract with multiple tasks. This is a highly technical position requiring expertise developing software systems.
This position deals with all aspects of the software lifecycle, including design, development, test, integration, formal verification, documentation, and configuration management. In addition to software development and testing, responsibilities will include participating in working groups, technical reviews, peer reviews and providing inputs to software development and configuration management plans, verification plans, software requirements specifications, interface documents, test plans, test reports, and user documentation. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and adept at improvising solutions to problems as they arise. The position may require some travel.
If you are bright, hardworking and looking for a challenge, we are looking for you.
- This position requires access to and use of ITAR-controlled technology; Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing software applications
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Working knowledge of Java, Perl, C, C++, or Python programming languages
- Experience with networking and software communications
- Ability to communicate regularly, professionally, and clearly to team members
- Ability to work on a fast–paced, strongly motivated team
- Good technical writing and communication skills
- Experience with NASA GSFC Mission Services Evolution Center (GMSEC) architecture
- Experience with ASIST telemetry and command system
- Experience with satellite ground system technologies
- Knowledge of Java EE specifications, web services, and MOM concepts
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as Amazon EC2 and OpenStack
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hadoop and Cassandra database
- Experience with data visualization software and solutions
- Experience with satellite operations
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.
- Emergent Space Technologies, Inc. is committed to assuring applicants and employees are treated fairly without regard to race, religion, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.