Altran are currently looking for Software Engineers (Java) to support a range of current and upcoming projects in the Aerospace sector based in Bristol.
The key responsibilities for the role will include:
• Responsibility for the development, coding, testing and configuration of high quality software that meets client requirements.
• Being familiar with Software Engineering processes, methodologies used with the allocated project.
• Attending project review meetings.
• Formal methods and notations are used to support the entire development lifecycle, from requirements through to specification and verification.
The successful candidate will have skills and experience in the following:
• Ideally hold a Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar, alternatively have equivalent experience.
• Strong software skills covering the full development lifecycle (requirements capture, analysis, design, test, documentation, maintenance & configuration management)
• Skills in Java development & programming
• Be able to cope with a wide variety of problems and devise innovative and practical solutions that balance the client’s needs against costs, schedules and risks.
• Have good interpersonal skills and will be expected to occasionally liaise with Altran Clients, influencing and advising them with regard to technical, strategic and commercial considerations.