Emergent Space Technologies is a rapidly growing company that provides cutting-edge technology expertise to the aerospace industry. We are looking for an experienced spacecraft systems engineer to join our team working in mission operations in Greenbelt, MD. This is a highly technical position requiring extensive expertise and experience in systems engineering for spacecraft.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the satellite system development lifecycle, including design, development, integration, and test through operations. A minimum of 20 years of experience with spacecraft systems development is required. In addition to ground control system design, analysis and test experience, responsibilities will include participating in working groups, technical reviews, peer reviews and providing inputs to development and management plans, requirements specifications, and interface documents. The ideal candidate will be a spacecraft ground systems expert who is self-motivated and adept at improvising solutions to problems as they arise. The position may require some travel.
If you are bright, hardworking, and looking for a challenge, we are looking for you.
- BS in Engineering, Math, or Science
- 20+ years of spacecraft systems engineering experience
- This position requires a clearance to access sensitive information.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US
- Ability to communicate regularly, professionally, and clearly to team members both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work on a fast–paced, highly motivated team
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of NASA Systems Engineering tools and processes
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.
- Emergent Space Technologies, Inc. is committed to assuring applicants and employees are treated fairly without regard to race, religion, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.