Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions: Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space. For more information, please visit aerospace.honeywell.com/ or follow us @honeywell_Aero.
Now is an exciting time to join our Engineering & Technology Engineering Operations Configuration Management and Data Department as an Specialist I Engineering Support ; for our Aguadilla, Puerto Rico facility.
As an Specialist I Engineering Support, the selected candidate participates in the coordination and administration of the On Demand Process for activities relative to coordination and status accounting for Export Control classification requests.
• Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and prioritize classification requests.
• Demonstrates ability to resolve classification request issues.
• Identifies issues and areas for improvement with existing technical processes, either independently or through cross- functional teams.
• Understands established company procedures and best practices and executes to meet program objectives.
• Able to resolve issues and complete tasks in accordance with agreed priorities to meet program schedule.
• Recognizes requirements that have project impact, plan for control, and execute to plan.
• Develops methods to support initiatives and strategies.
• Coordinates significant issues with other Honeywell locations and customers.
• Is sought as a knowledgeable resource and mentors fellow team members, Engineering Design community
and the supply base regarding Export Control Classifications processes.
• Able to negotiate prioritization of tasks with customer and report status of tasks in work and conformance to plan.
• May perform other duties as required.
• Must also be willing to travel, as travel to one of our facilities in the US or Internationally may be required in support of a program or project.
• Due to export control regulations, this specific position requires U.S. citizenship status.
• Position requires good people skills and ability to work effectively with other organizations, locations, and individuals at all levels.
• Should have demonstrated experience working as a member of a team and must be able to adapt well to a changing environment in terms of priorities or assignments.
• Ability to present clear and concise verbal and written English communications.
• Aerospace experience preferred.