The MSE&A Actuation Systems organization has need of a Project Engineer supporting projects across several sites including Phoenix, Tucson and Torrance. Project types range from Development and Qualification on new applications to Production projects on in-service applications. This role will be responsible to support the MSEA team.
• Responsible for technical leadership, cost control, schedule, milestones, customer and PM interfaces.
• Leads and organizes the engineering project management activities, coordinating cross-functional assignments with support groups within ETS, MCOE and MSE&A as necessary.
• Clearly and succinctly communicates project status and risks.
• Insures timely information flow among and between team members.
• Build and maintain program plans and schedules including resource demands.
• Manage budgets, and earned value determinations. Provides leadership with budget forecast.
• Provide technical direction and/or guidance to design and analysis specialists, and product engineers
• Support sales, manufacturing, and customer support and external customers for Commercial/Military Systems.
• Apply technical expertise to integration of complex systems and controls.
• Work on aerospace development and qualification programs to successful completion while meeting expectations of internal and external customers.
• Work on proposal efforts including supporting technical responses and proposal estimates.
• Interface with test Lab and component teams (Heat Transfer, Turbomachinery, Valves, Controls)
• Must also be willing to travel, as travel to one of our facilities in the US or Internationally may be required in support of a program or project.
Looking for a challenging role in an exciting company? Think Honeywell
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited university
• 5+ years of experience working with air conditioning, aerospace hardware product development experience, including development testing and demonstration or system or component analysis
• Due to export control regulations, this specific position requires U.S. citizenship status.
• Demonstrated leadership and results orientated attributes in current or previous role
• Experience in leading a small team desired
• Experience in working directly with external customers highly desired
• Experience in working cross-functionally and with business teams highly desired
• Strong Project Engineering skills for leading execution and management of a project
• Take prudent risks, use appropriate assertiveness A self-starter who can perform multiple tasks with some supervision and is interested in expanding his/her capabilities.
• Ability to write component requirements and manage suppliers.
• Systems Conceptualization: Ability to turn customer requirements into defined systems and architectures for evaluation. Ability to determine interaction of elements within the systems. Ability to problem solve systems issues during development.
• Requirements management and verification: Knowledge of aerospace requirements including environmental, performance, electrical and structural. Ability to manage these requirements and use DOORS tracking tool and write verification procedures. Ability to assess impact of requirements changes and negotiate technical changes.
• Environmental Control Systems Analytical Skills: Understanding of component sizing, system relationships of critical parameters such as weight, power, cost and performance.
• Leadership: Ability to direct and lead teams with minimal oversight. Provides direction and mentoring to team members. Communicates effectively to ensure coordination of multi-discipline teams.
• Performance: Achieves technical milestones on time and within budget. Adapts quickly to program changes and problems. Maintains positive relationships with customers and suppliers.