The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) supports our customer’s engineering teams with evaluation and design-in of analog, power and mixed signal ICs for Industrial, Automotive, IoT Wireless communication and Image sensing & processing applications. In this role, the candidate will work in a team of sales engineers and FAEs to support the key customers based in Germany. These activities include close co-operation with product marketing and product development groups in Europe, North America and Japan.
* Present ON Semiconductor solutions to customers
* Recommend the best topologies and products, assist with evaluation and design-in
* Develop strong technical relationships with customer’s R&D staff
* Assist with the definition and development of new products
* You have a BS or MS in electronic engineering with preferably an experience in Analog, Power and mixed signal ICs and related packaging technologies or communications.
* Your focus will be on applications such as energy conversion, renewable energy, power supply, motor control and smart meters, wireless communication, electronics and image sensing & processing for automotive. Therefore we value your knowledge of the following hardware technologies:
– Energy conversion: Integrated Power Modules, IGBT and MOSFET devices
– Power supply: power and energy management techniques and ICs, AC-DC conversion, DC-DC conversion, charging circuitry, battery technology
– Motor drive and control: motor technologies, motor drive, power discrete and modules
– Electronic for Automotive: Protected HS and LS drivers, Motor drivers and Smart ICs
– Image Sensing and Processing: CMOS image sensors and their applications
– IoT communication: Wireless RF experience (e.g. ZigBee, Bluetooth, RFID, etc.) and related uC tools
* On a personality level, you are an independent worker and a team player, showing a high degree of initiative. People know you as an active listener, with strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation skills, in both German and English).
* Willingness to travel is a natural requirement. As part of a training program we consider some month spend in one or more EMEA offices.