Due to continued growth, Airbus Group Australia Pacific is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced Senior Avionics Engineers who have aviation / defence experience to be part of an engineering team at RAAF Base Richmond supporting the RAAF C-130J aircraft. This is a fixed term position for a period of two years.
Your primary tasks will be to perform design and investigation activities for the Through Life Support and upgrade of Aircraft Avionics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out, under limited direction, Engineering design tasks including deviations, substitutions, modifications, design and airworthiness advice and instructions for continuing airworthiness in accordance with the level and scope of delegated Engineering Authority.
- Perform technical investigation of problems emanating from the maintenance, logistics or operating environment, with on-site aircraft accessible to assist in this process.
- Maintain data files, engineering records and electronic databases as required to accurately report and record engineering decisions.
- Liaise with the Services, operators, maintainers, airworthiness authorities and members of the relevant Design Support Network in Australia and overseas as appropriate to ensure design integrity.
- Participate within a team environment to generate quality and timely solutions.
To be eligible for this role, you must have;
- Degree level qualifications in Avionics or Electronics with aviation experience, or equivalent, sufficient to satisfy the requirements for Graduate Membership of Institution of Engineers Australia (IEAust).
- A minimum of Six (6) years’ engineering experience in Aviation or related environment.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
All applicants must be Australian Citizens and be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be negotiated. You will also be rewarded with excellent training and career opportunities.