B/E Aerospace is the world’s leading manufacturer of aircraft cabin interior products. B/E Aerospace designs, develops and manufactures a broad range of products for both commercial aircraft and business jets. For more information, visit the B/E Aerospace website at www.beaerospace.com
B/E has a leading worldwide market share in all of their major product lines and serves virtually all of the world’s airlines, aircraft manufacturers and leasing companies through its direct global sales and customer support organizations. B/E’s Lighting & Integrated Systems offers a variety of solutions to both business jet and commercial OEM’s as well as airlines directly. Major product lines include Interior Lighting, Exterior Lighting, Cabin Management System, Coax Cable & Trays, System Upgrade Provisions, Aerostructures & Interior Assemblies, Engineering, Design & Certification. Primary operation locations are Bohemia, New York; New Berlin, Wisconsin; Great Falls, Montana; Winnipeg, MB, Canada.
The Mechanical Designer’s primary technical responsibility is to design installations, repairs, and modifications in accordance with design specifications, airworthiness standards, and customer requirements.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and sketch modification and repair design concepts, with considerations and constraints such as:
- compliance with airworthiness standards
- practicality of procurement, manufacture, and installation
- material and installation costs
- customer expectations / requirements
- budget & schedule
- Prepare CAD models and drawings based on customer requirements, product specifications, design concepts, and/or previous similar designs.
- Liaise with other technical specialists regarding design and compliance aspects and considerations.Research airworthiness standards, policies, and guidance.
- Review design data provided by the customer or other outside sources.
- Review design for compliance to airworthiness standards.
- Participate in off-site tasks such as surveys, installation evaluations, tests, and installation support activities.
- Participate in design reviews.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- BSc Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a design, analysis, aircraft maintenance, or similar related field on Business Jet aircraft, aircraft systems and structures in an Aviation / Business Jet environment is required.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications, conceptualize practical designs, and prepare hand sketches of designs.
- Ability to prepare engineering drawings using CAD software provided by the company
- P. Eng, or E.I.T. designation, or member of APEGM in Manitoba is preferred
- Experience working in an autonomous, self-directed work environment