Manages customers’ orders and requests, and coordinates activities with other departments to ensure customer needs are met, by performing one or more of the following duties.
- Responds to verbal, written and EDI requests for component and assembly pricing.
- Enters and acknowledges customer orders received via fax, SPEC2000, EDI, and mail with an emphasis on 24-hr order entry.
- Ensures customer is ordering most recent configuration.
- Maintains alignment between OE customer production schedules, customer purchase orders and MAPICS customer orders. Reconciles discrepancies internally or with customers.
- Coordinates with sales, program management, credit, production, purchasing, stockroom, shipping, quality personnel to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Communicates product availability, order status, late order recovery information to customers.
- Issues pro forma invoices when indicated, ensures product ships within timeline supported by Letters of Credit.
- Works with Product Support, Airline Support Engineer and Returned Goods Administrator to determine validity of warranty requests and product replacements. Issues credits or enters replacement orders when indicated.
- Works with customers on invoicing discrepancies, accounts receivables (AR) including aging AR. Issues credits when indicated.
- Maintains customer security access to Order Status web site, supports customer utilization of the site.
- Maintains files for customer orders, credits/warranties/commission, correspondence.
- Compiles data and prepares monthly report used for Customer Metrics and Key Results.
- May perform some or all EDI transaction responsibilities, including maintaining a consistent dial-up schedule, ensuring proper equipment functioning, resolving un-translated and/or error messages, releasing order holds, and involving proper internal or external Technical Assistance when appropriate.
- May purchase material for specific accounts and coordinate order placement.
- May perform Technical Publication Distribution responsibilities, including maintaining customer data per Company policies, and initiating or fulfilling customer requests.