Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus Group is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, the Group – comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters – generated revenues of € 64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description du poste / stage
A vacancy for a Developer Secondary Power Systems (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join “Engine Integration & Auxiliary Power Unit”.
Tâches et missions principales, responsabilités
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and providing in-service support of Aircraft Secondary Power Systems (SPS)
- Supporting system engineers in the department, Engine Integration and Auxiliary Power Unit (APU)
- Specifying, qualifying and certifying SPS sub-systems and system components
- Integrating SPS systems and system components (e.g. APU, gear box) into the aircraft
- Continuously monitoring SPS relevant issues in current programs and handling SPS related build line and MRO issues
- Defining, monitoring and analysing SPS tests and contributing to verification and validation of the SPS
- Coordinating SPS interfaces
- Managing system component suppliers
- Solving thermo- and fluid dynamical as well as mechanical engineering tasks and problems
- Acting as focal point of contact for internal, external, national and international customers and partner companies
This role will involve worldwide travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with aerospace specific development and certification processes
- Detailed knowledge of turbomachine technology, performance, aerodynamics and thermodynamic cycles, operational behaviour and control
- Detailed knowledge in mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of air vehicle general systems, health monitoring systems and MRO
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work in an international team
- Autonomous and systematic way of working, fast
- Readiness of mind and resilience
- Negotiation level of English and advanced German skills