Terra Bella is designing, building, and operating a constellation of high-resolution imaging satellites. Our group operates our two in-orbit satellites 24×7, while also helping prepare for our constellation of satellites to be launched over the next year. We’re focusing on autonomy, reliability, efficiency, and safety.You will be working with the Flight Operations team at Terra Bella, building tools, processes, and procedures to fly our fleet of high resolution imagery satellites. You will work closely with satellite and ground system engineers to learn how the satellite and ground systems work, and help build out the flight operations system and tools around those systems. You will help commission our satellites, respond to and investigate anomalies, and automate the operations of our existing fleet. You will work an on-console shift commanding our satellites every 2 weeks.
- Work with satellite engineers to define, create, test, and execute satellite operations procedures.
- Perform analysis to evaluate the health of our satellite fleet. Investigate anomalies, develop procedures to address or resolve them, and work to keep our satellites healthy and productive.
- Help build and maintain flight operations tools for commanding, trending, and analysis.
- Work with the satellite and ground systems teams as a flight ops representative to help design or verify new features.
- Operate the satellites by working non-standard hours at least once every 2 weeks.
Terra Bella empowers global businesses to make better decisions with timely, high fidelity imagery and infinite analytics. By combining the power of web technologies and a constellation of high-resolution imaging satellites, Terra Bella is generating a unique data source describing daily global activity with timely, accessible, sub-meter color imagery and high definition video of the Earth.