Honeywell Transportation Systems, the leading global developer of automotive turbochargers, is expanding our Electric Products Group charged with creating complex electric boosting solutions to meet increasingly stringent automotive regulations while still satisfying customer demands for performance and drivability. We are building a world class group that will design, develop and bring to market state of the art electric machines coupled to our market leading turbocharger technologies. These products will span vehicles from passenger cars to heavy duty commercial vehicles and include conventional and hybrid powertrains as well as fully electric fuel cell vehicles.
We leverage our AEROSPACE and MOTORSPORTS technology and heritage to deploy high-power / high-speed electric motor technology to automotive boosting electrification. Honeywell is leading the world with the first production launch of a high speed electric turbo-compressor that not only includes one of the most power dense motors, it is also the first automotive use of air bearings. To continue this momentum, we are growing our agile team of global experts to lead new technology development across 2 locations in California and the Czech Republic. If you have background and interest in High Speed Electric Machines, Power Electronics & Controls and Turbomachinery please consider applying to be a part of this exciting growth opportunity!!
- Conceive, design, analyze and develop cutting edge boosting concepts
- Contribute to the group’s projects with key technical analytical skills such as aerodynamics, rotordynamics, thermo-mechanical analysis, turbocharger matching/performance simulation, etc.
- Learn Honeywell Turbocharging Technologies engineering & NPI processes
- Develop an in-depth understanding of turbochargers and internal combustion engines.
- Be responsible for the identification, evaluation and development of new turbocharger technology
- Plan and lead the program that validates (or invalidates) the feasibility of the project concept
- Provide ad hoc support in your field of technical expertise to other Advanced Concepts projects
- B.S./M.S. Mechanical or Aerosapce engineering degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of hands-on product development experience
- Work experience developing products in the automotive, aerospace or power generation industries
- Basic understanding of internal combustion engines and turbochargers
- Experience with new product introduction/qualification
- Experience with development of high speed electric machines (is a plus)
- Design, development and testing skills
- Communicative level of English