Asco dares to passionately engage into a lean journey that will deliver recognised top performance, together with all the Management team and employees of our 4 sites, our Lean Director will help us embrace, standardise and coordinate the improvement actions embedded into our vision, strategic plan and objectives.
The Lean Director will report to the COO and will work with the Senior Management and Management of all functions in the different Asco sites to define Asco’ s lean journey, standardise the tools and its deployment. He/she will coordinate the “lean champions” across the organisation to roll out standardised training, coach event leaders and help them engage all employees in transforming Asco into a learning organisation.
The Lean Director will :
1. Define and maintain Asco’ s lean tools suite to develop lean skills
- Define lean training packages that will need to be developed and adapted as Asco gains in knowledge and maturity;
- Define the method to roll out training across the organisation using few lean experts across all functions and sites;
- Define standards to follow to ensure effective lean events and trains lean champions to adhere to;
- Organise certification of lean practitioners across the group.
2. Coache lean champions and management in lean leadership
- Coache lean event leaders in using lean tools and approach;
- Create framework to learn from each other via leadership events, direct support on key lean events and exchange across the plant;
- Support leadership in transformation initiatives.
3. Measure progression of maturity in the lean journey
- Define framework to measure progression on lean maturity;
- Providesvisibility to the Management Committee.
Profile Know How and Experience :
Education : Engineering degree (civil or industrial) preferred
Experience : 10 to 15 years of lean, 6 Sigma and operational management experience
Languages : Fluently multi-lingual : English and French/dutch are a must. German is a plus
- Solid, strong and successful experience in operational management, preferably in the aerospace market;
- Experience with continuous and quality improvement management systems;
- Fluency with lean manufacturing tools, systems and management philosophy;
- Formal qualification such as black belt or lean practitioner is a plus;
- Excellent team facilitation skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills; capable to communicate effectively and to interact with all different levels of the organisation;
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as presentation skills;
- Solid leadership profile, inspiring credibility, with change management experience and ability to mentor and facilitate lean culture change even in an environment that is change resistant;
- Well-developed people and coaching skills;
- Passionate with lean journey and search for excellence;
- Willingness to travel on a frequent basis.