Occasional travel may be required to support outside testing activities.
Responsible for day to day Laboratory Engineering functions associated with the development & qualification testing of aerospace components. They will work with various Engineering disciplines as well as Production and Quality organizations to develop Aerospace products. Example activities include:
• Operate as part of an Integrated Product Development Supply team (IPDS), covering phases 2 -6, that develops, qualifies, and transitions new aerospace products into the Honeywell Aerospace product offerings.
• Ownership of test programs in the laboratory, evaluation and specification of test equipment, procedures, and facilities to meet performance requirements, code, and safety regulations
• Integrated Supply Chain (ISC-Production) technical support for the Pneumatic Control Products in the Tempe, AZ. Engineering Test Services (ETS) group. The support to the product lines will include advising Manufacturing Engineering on specialized test tooling (mechanical and electrical) and test processes to ensure flow and efficiency within the Lean Manufacturing Cell environment.
• Coordinating test facility repair, modification and upgrade activity for any new and existing products within Pneumatic Controls Product Line.
• Provide timely, world class ,cost effective testing services to the organization and be responsible for the identification and execution of local Laboratory expense & capital budgets supporting lab and program functions.
• Provide timely cost estimates to Project Engineering customers at any phase of a program.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating tasks with their local peers and other sites throughout the ETS and focus on efforts to achieve low costs, leverage purchasing power by reducing redundancy, and sharing knowledge & technologies for our best test practices. The successful candidate will work within the ETS to deliver world class test data and drive the standardization of common processes and the implementation of best practices. The position emphasizes the successful conductance of world class testing and evaluation activities while communicating new technologies and developing standardized training requirements.
- Bachelor of Science degree, in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or directly related equivalent, from an accredited college or university
- Due to export control restrictions, must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must not graduate more than 12 months prior to date of hire
- Team player
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- MSOffice proficient
- Excellent oral and written communication skills