Thales Alenia Space, a joint venture between Thales (67%) and Finmeccanica (33%), is a key European player in space telecommunications, navigation, Earth observation, exploration and orbital infrastructures. Thales Alenia Space and Telespazio form the two parent companies’ “Space Alliance”, which offers a complete range of services and solutions. Because of its unrivaled expertise in dual (civil/military) missions, constellations, flexible payloads, altimetry, meteorology and high-resolution optical and radar instruments, Thales Alenia Space is the natural partner to countries that want to expand their space program.
Key responsibilities and principle tasks:
You will start as system engineer of studies on the phases 0, A and Call for tender and evolve to technical of these studies.
– In this first crucial phase to win the bid, you are expected to be creative in your day-by-day task regarding satellite preliminary design proposals, technical and economic comparative analysis and technical synthesis (report, presentation & offer).
– You will be the technical interface with the customer
– You will coordinate and animate the satellite architectures teams, especially during the collaborative engineering sessions
– You will use specific tools for pre-project phase (integrated system modeling, multi-domain performance satellite simulator) and you will suggest new tools.
– You will be involved on system studies requiring innovation: Observing Earth satellites, interplanetary probes, observatories of the universe.
Education & Qualifications :
– Engineering degree (s)
– Specialization in space or aeronuatics
Skills and ideal experience :
Fluent in English, both written and spoken, which enables you to express yourself fluently in that language, including writing deals in English. Basic level of French or a strong motivation to learn it is required
A solid knowledge of engineering satellite system.
A working experience would be a plus
Able to make (or experience in making) bids and proposals
Good knowledge of simulation and control software, Matlab
Proficiency in using Excel
Behaviour and personality:
Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
Customer focused – for both internal and external customers – to ensure that the needs of the customers are met. Enjoys or thrives on developing and performing through teamwork, and propoting improvements and change.
Able to develop productive and effective relationships across all levels and with clients, in order to gain support and achieve results
Adaptability, Responsiveness, synthesis Spirit (oral and written) and Creativity.