QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Bid writer required to produce professional, coherent looking proposals which reflect Air Division’s corporate image and make our offerings simple to understand.
Specific responsibilities for which the post holder has a requirement to deliver:
• Improves sales effectiveness – utilises the RFP to create compliant, persuasive responses, improves win rates by enhancing the selling messages, and provides insight and visual appeal in order to create a quality branded proposal.
• Accelerates productivity – works to reduce the time taken to produce the Proposal through effective coordination of inputs, production of the proposal document and supporting graphics,
• Creates outstanding proposals – works to high calibre as measured by revenue generation, win ratios, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
• Teamwork – Work with the bid manager, technical staff, project managers and commercial team to ensure delivery of proposal documents within the required timescale and budget available.
• Customer focus – Undertakes editorial review of technical and commercial documents, enhancing written content through deconstructing and reconstructing text to produce clear and easily understandable content.
Knowledge, Skills required
• Excellent IT skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint).
• Knowledge and personal experience of bid management and production.
• Familiarity with industry-standard bid methodologies, such as Shipley.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to contribute to proposals as appropriate.
• Recognise individual customer requirements and can build bid Compliance Matrixes.
• Interpret data from a storyboard and suggest areas for improvement.
• Design/construct and facilitate the date within a storyboard ready for the Outline Review stage.
• Create detailed structured response template and can recognise scope for using boilerplate.
• Highly proficient in English language.
• Required to correct spelling, grammar and layout (proofreading), check content, impose consistent styles and reword or rewrite (copy-editing).
• Understanding and experience in delivery of High Value Selling, Shipley Win Business or similar sales operating models.
• Understand the Shipley (or similar) approach to written content including supporting the creation of tender submission text.
• Demonstrable understanding of the bidding process.
• Have the interpersonal skills to succeed by networking and integrating across formal organisation boundaries.
• Strong communication skills, underpinning proactive and efficient stakeholder / customer management.
• Foundation level APMP
• Demonstrate knowledge of services and technology within the Defence and Aerospace industry.