Basic Purpose of Position: Provide timely accounting information to the program manager and program relevant data to accounting for the purposes of data driven business decisions and accurate financial closes. Execute and maintain an effective system of accounting, asset and operational performance control for the program.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Collect, analyze, and present program financial data to include budget, actuals, and forecast.
- Create financial detailed reports, graphs, and other reporting tools to track performance and to aid management in making effective business decisions.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of the monthly financial statements, annual business plan and supporting system, and the preparation and maintenance of the operating budget for the facility.
- Assist in the development and implementation of applicable policies and procedures for the facility.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance and improvement of the accounting records, reports and internal controls at the facility.
- Assist in providing regular financial guidance to and interaction with other personnel and functions at the facility in order to improve operating results, measure performance and promote compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepare financial, operational and contract analysis and general accounting practices in compliance with government requirements, corporate directives, policies and procedures for the facility.
- Assist the Plant Controller in the activities of the costing function to assure timely and accurate financial input and output.
- Provide all information relevant to the program to accounting, for monthly close activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned by program manager or accounting department.
Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or business with accounting emphasis.
- 4-6 years’ experience in related discipline.
- Computer Skills: MS Office, Email, Internet. Fundamental understanding of MS Dynamic AX a plus
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills plus an ability to function in a collaborative environment. Ability to maintain good working relationships with all personnel at the Company.