SpaceX Mission Integrators are responsible for activities associated with an assigned launch contract. The Mission Integrator supports the Mission Managers with various mission integration tasks to ensure they are completed in a quality and timely fashion.
- Support Mission Managers with the understanding of all aspects of launch contract and ensuring proper execution thereof
- Support Mission Managers with launch range and launch range related documentation submittals dealing with launch vehicle and payload inputs
- Support Mission Managers with content generation and submissions necessary to obtain launch licenses (FAA) and US State department ITAR compliance documents (TAA’s, TTCP’s, Import/Export Paperwork)
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of project master schedules
- Assist with the coordination of all customer reviews and contract deliverables
- Assist with integration meetings
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of the Mission Interface Control Document (ICD)
- Help technical staff understand mission effort so that they can plan their tasks appropriately to maintain schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 3 years of industry experience
- Minimum one year of technical project management experience in an aerospace organization
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and external customers
- Experience working with CAD packages
- Experience working with government, NASA, or commercial launch contracts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, diligent, hardworking, with excellent customer interfacing skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Must be willing to travel to launch sites, vendors, and clients as necessary. Up to 25% travel.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.